Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The latest new old loot haul...


I went op-shopping with my mum and my sister last week. It really is such a fun social activity. Got a particularly great swag of really nice clothes for me and The Booba this time, along with some toys and cute antique plates (all for next to nothing, of course).

I've had a yen for sewing lately but haven't had appropriate fabric for the projects I've had in mind. Since shunning haberdashery shops my stash has been running a bit low! So I went to my favourite secondhand haunt yesterday to investigate my options. Going through the section of tablecloths, doona covers and pillow slips I discovered what amounted to vast lengths of fabric which was in great nick and often in cool retro patterns. Even came across some cloth napkins (unused, I suspect) - which helps me with my mission to break the paper napkin and tissue habit. Hurrah for secondhand!

No comments:

Post a Comment