Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Stinky cutting boards

I am beginning to rue my rash decision to throw out all but one of our cutting boards - this was shortly before committing to buy nothing new. To be honest it really had to be done as they smelt strongly like feet - I didn't want them anywhere near me, let alone to cut up food on them! And no, no amount of hot water and bicarb would shift that stink. But now the Beloved Husband and I are left fighting over one measly little (non-smelly) cutting board whenever we cook together (which is often) - think this is reflective of the fact we both constantly vie for position of king of the kitchen! Anyway, I did a little internet search to see if there was a such a thing as a cutting board made out of recycled materials (which would be allowed) with little optimism - and was pleasantly surprised. (For the record, I have no idea if secondhand cutting boards are available - probably - but don't think that even I want to go there). There are two sites which offer cutting boards made out of 100% recycled PVC, and one of them also offers cutting boards made out of a product called 'Paperstone' which apparently is formed from 100% recycled paper and makes a great cutting surface. Unfortunately I think that both of these sights are US based but, oh well, you can't have it all. Am going to investigate these options and will keep you posted as to the results. See links to Greenhome and Preserve Products below.

No comments:

Post a Comment